Careers at TGB Architects
We believe everyone is a designer and design is everywhere. At TGB Architects, we are designers of space, process, and face-to face interactions. We strive to design in ways that eliminate waste, enabling innovation and possibilities to emerge.
thrive in collaborative dialogue where big ideas manifest from the melding of the many ideas of a group?
like turning abstract ideas into tangible things?
process information by drawing, sketching or 3D modeling?
see failure as an opportunity to learn and grow?
enjoy creating prototypes, models and mock ups to help conceptualize ideas?
have an entrepreneurial drive that will lead to the discovery of unrealized opportunities and new ways to contribute?
find fascination in how to design methods that make the creative process accessible to others?
enjoy the experience of experimentation and see yourself as insatiably curious?
enjoy connecting with diverse teams, listening to understand and continuously seek ways to develop new and lasting relationships?
If so, join us as we strive to
Explore Unrealized Opportunity
Enhance Value – Eliminate Waste
Today, the client sectors we serve are primarily Healthcare, Non-profit and Ecclesiastic. If you have experience in these sectors, your resume and portfolio will be looked at more closely; however, we welcome all to apply!
We work differently at TGB Architects. Our firm structure is NOT designed to orient people to specific roles. We strive to develop team structures that support maximum fluidity and flexibility. Our goal is to meld our strengths and skillsets together to match both client need and individual career and project interest.
Do you have the Professional Experience to meet our need?
The experience and skills that we are looking for in individuals can be referenced in the below tasks associated to the list of “traditional industry roles” below. Please apply if you find your strengths and skillsets match any or all of the below.
Face to Face Client, Consultant and Contractor Interaction
Developing and Tracking of Project Budget and Schedule
Leading clients through design process; facilitating design work shops and project meetings
Coordinate project requirements with various consultants, contractors and stakeholders from project inception to completion.
Oversees a team of architects and Revit associates
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related field
- 8+ years’ experience in commercial work
Senior Project/Design Architect/Medical and Church Planning
- Skills / Responsibilities
- Work with clients in the pre-design phase to generate designs.
- Mentor younger staff to develop their design skills.
- Assist team in developing and implementing design concepts for both interior and exterior building project types
- Strong experience in Revit required
- Ability to create contract documents for permitting, bidding and construction.
- Working knowledge of construction detailing
- Understanding of applicable codes, assess sites, and other research.
Education / Experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture, Interior Design or related field
8+ years’ experience in commercial projects
Interior Designer – Mid Level
- Skills / Responsibilities
- Collaborate with clients to define project requirements and develop design criteria.
- Fixed Finish, furniture, art and signage selection and specification (includes placement and coordination with appropriate vendors/consultants)
- Engage client in design development leading to final presentation of design concepts for client approval
- Use of Revit to design, sketch, and provide working drawings of proposed designs and space plans.
- Working knowledge of applicable codes, including ADA and IBC
- Create estimates, schedules, and staffing plans to complete projects.
- Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Interior Design
- 5+ years experience
Resumes may be sent to: careers@TGBArchitects.com